Solutions For What Matters Most
Responsive, Hands-On And Caring Legal Services In Family Law, Estates And Estate Planning, Misdemeanor Defense, Landlord-Tenant Issues And Personal Injury.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Post-Divorce Issues / Modifications

Post-Decree Modification Lawyers In North Royalton, Ohio

What do you do when your ex-spouse is not paying the child support ordered by the court? Whom do you turn to when your ex-spouse is denying you the right to see your children? What do you do if you have lost your job and cannot pay support? What if you need to relocate or must alter your custody decree because of a sudden change in circumstances?

At the law office of Kirner & Boldt Co., L.P.A., we can answer your questions about modifications and enforcement of divorce decrees. Since 1989, we have placed a special emphasis on divorce and other family law matters, and our team of lawyers is prepared to help you find a legal solution that works for your current situation.

Legal solutions you can count on
Call 440-782-6080 to schedule a free initial consultation.

Support Enforcement And Modification

Modifications can be sought when there is a significant increase or decrease in the circumstances for you or your ex-spouse. Modifications can shift custody or support orders. However, if an ex-spouse is not paying child support, a return to court can result in an order of enforcement. Nonpayment of a child support debt can even land a person in jail.

If you find that you are unable to pay your support because of a substantial change in circumstances like a job loss, it is imperative that you seek legal counsel immediately for a modification of your support order. Or, if your ex-spouse has not been paying child support, we can help you seek an enforcement order to protect your rights.

Custodial Enforcement And Modification

There are many reasons why a parent might seek a modification of a custody order. For instance, if the custodial spouse has a new job that is extremely demanding, custody may need to be modified to allow the child to spend more time with the other parent. Relocation to another state requires the custodial parent to obtain legal permission from the other parent first.

There are also many times when a parent is not living up to the custody order, often by not allowing the other parent to exercise their visiting time. If this is the case, a return to court can address these violations and enforce the custody decree.

Our attorneys understand how challenging it can be when you must reopen a book you thought would be closed for good. We will stand by your side every step of the way through this legal matter.

Show Cause Motions Or Motions To Enforce

When your spouse is not complying with the terms of the divorce decree, they can be found in contempt of court for violating the terms of the court order. Different motions can be filed to force compliance with court orders and can be punishable by a fine, jail time or being forced to pay attorney fees. We also defend such motions.

Get Answers About Child Custody And Support Modifications Today

Call our North Royalton, Ohio, law firm for a free initial consultation about modifying your divorce at 440-782-6080. To contact us through email, please complete our brief form.